As we are getting closer to spring and warmer climates we approach the immersion of a terrible little insect...TICKS! Already with temps only being in the 30's we have found ticks on our pets! Speaking from a personal point of view in my area where I live and enjoy the outdoors, we always had ticks. But in recent years the Tick population has exploded and with it a threat of Lyme's disease.
Last year we had the unfortunate event of someone in my personal family contracting this horrible disease. It was a true shock to all of us because Lyme's was not really wide spread in our area. Even the E.R doctors at our local hospital had to consult medical books just to diagnose the symptons and the less known 2nd stage rash. We were even contacted by the State board of health because this individual was now number 11 of reported cases in North Eastern Ohio at the time. There is no treatment for Lyme'e disease and it's something that will haunt them for the rest of there life.
Now being a family of outdoor lovers this caused my search for the best product on the market to safe guard myself and my family in tick prevention. My search led me too,
Sawyer Products Premium Permethrin Clothing Insect Repellent
My family has used and tested this product for more than a year and we absolutely love it. Not only does it kill ticks but it also repels other biting and disease carrying insects.here's some of the high lights of this great camping and outdoor gear product,
1.last for 42 days and can survive up to 6 wash's
2.One 12oz. bottle can treat up too six garments (3oz. per item)
3.Tents,hammocks,backpacks,scarfs,socks, coats, hats,shirts and pants,mosquito netting can all be treated. This product is not harmful once dried even to pets.
4.easy to apply, hang item in ventilated area away from pets or children, spray item and let air dry.
5. It just doesn't repel it kills on contact, lice,mosquito's and ticks will die on contact of treated material
Don't make the same mistake I did and take your family's safety for granted, this one little cheap step could save yourself and a loved one a life time of trouble.
This stuff is safe for pets AFTER IT DRIES! Can be very dangerous for Cats in it's liquid form and will affect it's central nervous sytem if it comes into contact with wet treated gear or clothing or over spray.
" Don't make the same mistake I did and take your family's safety for granted, this one little cheap step could save yourself and a loved one a life time of trouble. "